- Citi analyst Ronald Josey reiterates a Buy rating on Alphabet Inc GOOG GOOGL Google with a price target of $120.
- Following his Internet Insight Series call on Generative AI last Friday with David Weissberg—CPO at Opinr with ~10 years of experience at Google the analyst became incrementally confident that GenAI can be incremental to overall search volumes and any shift in Search share is not likely to be material.
- Also Read: Who Is Going To Cash the Microsoft-Google AI Search Rivalry? Analyst Says Apple
- Other key takeaways from the call include GenAI’s potential around productivity, LLMs evolving to be more verticalized, and per-query costs improving, though still an order of magnitude higher than traditional search.
- Ahead of 1Q23 earnings, the analyst will look for progress around Bard. However, he does not expect material updates but a preview of I/O.
- The analyst’s industry expert checks suggest Search ads held up relatively well in 1Q as he looks for more excellent expense controls. However, sentiment appears more mixed, given the threat from GenAI.
- Price Action: GOOG shares closed higher by 0.82% at $106.74 on Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Images are for reference only.Images and contents gathered automatic from google or 3rd party sources.All rights on the images and contents are with their legal original owners.